Due to a lack of quorum several motions were tabled. Below is the list of motions for voting. If you have any questions do not hesitate to reach out to Shannon Hudson who served as the chair of the meeting. You may also reach out to those Board members in attendance.
Voting will end on May 13.
1. Matt Benus moved to transfer $10,000 from the General Fund to the HASTI Reserve Fund. The motion was seconded.
2.Matt Benus moved that the HASTI Executive Committee investigate certificate of deposit options for the funds currently in the Reserve Fund. The motion was seconded.
3. Kristen Poindexter moved to offer a reduced membership rate of $25 during the months of August and September 2019. The motion was seconded.
4. Lori White moved that HASTI offer a twelve-month HASTI student membership for any pre-service teacher who is enrolled in a college class using the NSTA Learning Center. The motion was seconded.
5. Dawn Bick moved that a Board member attending though a virtual presence (i.e. Zoom) will count toward their meeting attendance. The motion was seconded.
6. Jane Hunn moved to approve the revised Executive Director responsibilities as presented to the Board and to include the statement “to fulfill duries as stated in the constitution and by-laws.” The motion was seconded.
©2019"The Hoosier Association of Science Teachers , Inc" is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 383, New Albany, IN 47151