Registration is open for the seventh-annual Indiana STEM Education Conference on THURSDAY, JANUARY 13, 2022 at Purdue University! The 2022 conference will include IN-PERSON and VIRTUAL participation. Registration can be completed athttp://www.purdue.edu/conferences/STEM2022.
- The conference will start at 9:00am and end at 3:15pm (EST).
- The cost for registration is $100 for in-person and $50 for virtual.
- A box lunch and refreshments are included with the in-person registration fee.
- Participants will learn about effective lessons, partnerships, assessments, and education strategies in STEM.
In-person participants will need to follow the Protect Purdue guidelines (https://protect.purdue.edu/). At the present time, participants are required to wear a facemask while indoors. The guidelines are subject to change. Email announcements will be sent to communicate changes.
The theme for the 2022 conference is “STEM Education: Making Giant Leaps.” Presentations will include strategies to engage students in solving significant problems through STEM education.
The 2022 conference includes special keynote speaker Dr. Briony Horgan, a scientist on NASA’s newest Mars rover Perseverance! Dr. Horgan is an Associate Professor of Planetary Science at Purdue University. Her research program uses data from NASA satellites and rovers to understand the surface processes that have shaped Mars and the Moon. Dr. Horgan will discuss her experience becoming an interdisciplinary STEM researcher, her experience with research with the Mars rover mission, and her thoughts about encouraging future STEM researchers through the K-12 schools.
The conference will also include:
- Over 50 presentations on STEM curriculum, STEM instruction, STEM careers, and STEM research.
- A resource webpage with presentation slides and handouts, vendor handouts, and research posters.
- Networking with STEM education vendors.
- Access to recorded presentations following the conference.
- Professional Growth Points for teachers.
Interested in presenting at the conference? Have a classroom activity, a STEM resource, or STEM research to share? We are accepting proposals for in-person and virtual presentations, in-person only presentations, and prerecorded virtual-only presentations. Presentation and research proposals can be submitted at https://forms.gle/4WadHzUNKbMg6zAe8. Research posters and briefs will be published as proceedings through Purdue e-Pubs. Proposals are due on November 5, 2021.